Product : Just About Foods Blue Corn Flour
Servings per recipe : 4
Nutritional information per serving :
For the nacho chips
- 150g – Just About Foods Blue Corn Flour
- as needed – water
- a pinch – salt
For the creamy poblano salsa
- 250g – vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- 150g – onion (plus more for garnish)
- 1 piece – garlic clove
- 250g – poblano chili
- 30g – olive oil
- 400g – sour cream (plus more for garnish)
- 75g – monterey jack cheese for garnish (any melting kind)
- 150g blue corn
- Make your tortilla masa by mixing Blue Corn Flour, water and salt until a smooth dough is formed.
- Roll your dough between two parchment paper sheets until thin, about 1-2 mm thick.
- Cut triangles with a pizza cutter or a knife, then deep fry in hot oil until crispy.
- Drain excess oil on a plate with paper towels. Reserve while making the salsa.
- In a blender place olive oil, onion, garlic, poblano chili and a splash of water, process until smooth.
- Simmer in a saucepan for about 7 minutes, then pour the sour cream onto the saucepan, mix, and simmer for another 10 minutes or until cooked and creamy.