Product: Blue Corn Masa Flour
Servings per recipe: 6 servings
Nutritional Information per serving:
- A good drizzle of avocado oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup Just About Foods Blue Corn Masa Flour
- 2 cups enchilada sauce
- 2 cooked shredded chicken breasts
- 1 14oz can black beans
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese, plus extra for garnish
- 6 spoonfuls Cream fraiche
- Chopped cilantro or spring onion, for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven or pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes, until onions become translucent. Add Blue Corn Masa Flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken broth and stir over medium heat until the soup thickens. Add the enchilada sauce, shredded chicken, black beans, ground cumin and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir together to combine and cook for about 10 minutes, uncovered, until the soup begins to simmer, make sure to stir the soup occasionally.
- Remove the pot from the heat, add 1 cup of Monterrey Jack cheese and stir until it completely melts.
- Serve with a spoonful of cream fraiche, more cheese and chopped cilantro and enjoy!