Servings per recipe: 4
For the fish nuggets
- 2 white fish fillets
- ¾ cup of Just About Foods Coconut Crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper
- Oil for frying
For the Thai red curry
- 1 tablespoon of Thai red curry paste
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 teaspoon of fish sauce
- ½ tablespoon of brown sugar
- Cilantro leaves for garnish
- For the red curry sauce, in a saucepan over medium heat, bring the coconut milk to a simmer, add the red curry paste and mix until it is dissolved. Turn the heat to low and add fish sauce and brown sugar.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the corn starch and pour it into the curry sauce, mix until it thickens. Taste for salt and add if is necessary and turn off the heat. Set aside until serving.
- For the nuggets, pat-dry the fish fillets with paper towels and cut them into 2×2” squares. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the fish pieces with the beaten egg, and then, transfer them to a bowl with Just About Foods Coconut Crumbs, pressing them to make sure the coconut crumbs adhere to the cubes.
- Heat enough oil for frying on a saucepan over medium-low temperature and carefully add the fish pieces, 4 or 5 at a time to avoid overcrowding the pan. Fry for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Take out the fish nuggets and put them over a cooking rack to drain the excess oil, fry the rest of the fish pieces.
- Reheat the red curry sauce, arrange the fish nuggets with the red curry dipping sauce and garnish with cilantro leaves. Enjoy!