- A drizzle of olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cups of defrosted broccoli cut into small pieces
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- ¼ cup of Just About Foods All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour
- ½ cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of grated cheese (mix of cheddar and low moisture mozzarella)
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup of Just About Foods Sunflower Seed crumbs
- 2 tablespoons of extra grated cheese
- 2 teaspoons of butter, cubed
1.Preheat oven to 400°F.
2.In a large pot over medium heat, drizzle a good amount of olive oil and stir fry the garlic until aromatic and slightly golden brown. Add the onion and sauté until softened and transparent.
3.Add 2 tablespoons of butter and when it melts, mix in the Just About Foods All-Purpose Gluten Free Flour and stir until it turns into a golden-brown paste.
4.Pour the chicken broth little by little mixing in between additions to avoid forming lumps of flour. Add the broccoli and stir until thickened.
5.Let it simmer for 10 minutes over low heat, then add the heavy cream and 1 cup of cheese. Add paprika, salt and pepper to taste, and let it simmer for 5 more minutes.
6.Pour the soup into a baking dish and smooth the surface. Sprinkle Just About Foods Sunflower Seed Crumbs over the broccoli cream creating an even coating, add the cold butter and the rest of the cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until the crumbs get golden brown.
Let the soup cool a little bit before serving and enjoy!