Servings per recipe: 14 servings
|Nutritional Information per serving:
For the cheese ball
- 8oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon chili flakes
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 stem of a red pepper
For the moon corn chips
- 1 cup of Just About Foods Blue Corn Masa Flour
- 1 ¼ cup warm water
- Cooking spray
- Kosher salt to sprinkle
- In a medium bowl, knead the blue corn masa flour with 1 cup of warm water, adding the extra ¼ water little by little until a soft dough is formed.
- Form 4 balls with the dough and press them to form a tortilla. Cook the tortilla according to the package directions.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut the tortillas into moon-shaped chips. Arrange the chips on the air fryer basket and spray them with cooking spray. Fry for 10 minutes at 350°F.
- Take the corn chips out of the air-fryer and sprinkle with salt while still warm.
- For the cheese ball, in a medium bowl combine the cream cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, chili flakes, black pepper, and 1 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese until everything is well combined.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese over a sheet of plastic film and put the cream cheese mixture over it, covering it with the shredded cheese. Wrap the cheese ball and using a cotton twine form the marks to make the pumpkin shape. Place the cheese ball on the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove the cotton twine and plastic wrap and place the cheese ball in the center of your serving plate. Then, add the red pepper stem to the top; serve with the moon-shaped tortilla chips.