For the cookies:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 ½ cups of Just About Foods Cassava Flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¾ tablespoon cinnamon
For the cream cheese filling:
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups of icing sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the cassava flour, salt, baking powder and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter until creamy. Stop the mixer and add the icing sugar and turn the mixer on in low. When creamy, add the egg, vanilla extract and beat until homogeneous. Add the cassava flour mixture and mix until a dough is formed.
- Put the dough in parchment paper and roll into a 3” in diameter log. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- For the cream cheese frosting, in a stand mixer, combine the cream cheese and the butter until creamy. Add the vanilla, salt and icing flour, beat until light and fluffy.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and with a sharp knife cut ½” thickness discs. Arrange them over a lined cookie sheet with a 1” separation between each cookie.
- Combine the rest of the cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle the mixture over the cookies. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.
- Let the cookies cool completely on a kitchen rack. Fill a piping bag with the cream cheese frosting and pipe a good portion on a cookie, sandwich the frosting with another cookie. Repeat for the rest of the cookies and enjoy!