Servings per Recipe: 12 servings
|Nutritional Information per Serving|
- ½ cup of butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ cup of sugar
- 2 ¼ cups of Just About Foods All-Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 ½ teaspoons milk powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 egg whites
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 1/3 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
For the filling:
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint of strawberries
- For the cake, preheat the oven to 350°F and line the bottom of two 8” cake pans.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the All-Purpose Gluten Free Flour, baking soda, baking powder, milk powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a small pitcher, combine the egg whites, eggs, milk, vinegar, and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy. Scrape the sides of the bowl and add half of the dry ingredients and alternate the rest of the dry ingredients and wet ingredients. Let the mixer run for 2 minutes until everything is well combined.
- Divide the batter into the two cake pans. Tap the bottom of the pans to get rid of any air bubbles and to smooth the surface.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the cakes from the oven and let them cool completely at room temperature. When it cools, invert the cake over a cooling rack and remove the parchment paper.
- While the cake is cooling, cut 2/3 of the strawberries in slices, and the rest in half.
- Beat the whipping cream with the sugar and vanilla until soft peaks are form.
- To assemble the cake, put one of the cakes in your serving plate, put 1/3 of the whipped cream, sliced strawberries and another third of the cream; put the other cake over your filling and garnish with the rest of the cream and strawberries halves.