Servings per recipe: 5
- 1 block of firm tofu (14 oz)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup of chickpea crumbs
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon hot paprika
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Cooking spray
- BBQ sauce for serving
- Wrap the tofu with paper towel and put it over a cutting board, place a plate and a weight over it to drain it. Leave it for 15 minutes.
- Combine the chickpea crumbs and the spices in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the egg and the Dijon mustard.
- Pat dry the tofu with a paper towel and cut it into 2×1” sticks. Salt and pepper the sticks to taste.
- One by one, coat the tofu cubes in the egg and then coat in the chickpea crumb mixture. Lightly press to make the breadcrumbs stick.
- Arrange the sticks in the air fryer and coat them with cooking spray.
- Cook for 10 minutes at 400°F and flip them halfway thru.
- Serve with BBQ sauce and enjoy.