Publication date: 2020-04-05 21:56:02
What is gluten?
All proteins found in wheat, rye, barley and triticale are called gluten. It acts like a glue that holds food together, it helps food maintain their shape.
What types of food include gluten?
- Wheat is commonly found in breads, baked goods, soups, pasta, cereals, sauces, salad dressings, roux.
- Barley is commonly found in malt, food coloring, soups, beer and brewer´s yeast
- Rye is commonly found in rye bread, such a pumpernickel, rye beer and cereals
- Triticale which is a new grain similar to wheat can be found in breads, pasta and cereals
Benefits of going gluten free?
- Improves cholesterol levels
- Promotes digestive health
- Increases energy levels
- Eliminates unhealthy and processed foods from your diet (oils, fried food, breads, and desserts to name a few)
- More likely to eat fruits and vegetables because they are all gluten-free
- Reduces your risk of heart disease, certain cancers, and diabetes
- Helps ward off viruses and germs as many foods you will now eat will contain more antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals
- Promotes healthy weight-loss
- Improves health of people with irritable bowl syndrome and arthritis
- Distinctly improved awareness of foods that can have an adverse effect on your health
Others Uses & Benefits
Why is organic better